Alyssa has made the decision to transfer back home after a year and a half at Valdosta State University. WHAT?!! Yes, it was a faith based decision, a difficult, very painful decision but one she felt strongly about making. A good strong mature decision…
Of course, her room had been take over by the other post empty nest child, Tanner. So my dreams of an office-reading-artsy room were interrupted by the need for her a bedroom.
Once again we made the trek to Valdosta, this time packed a U-Haul truck and returned with another load of stuff to squeeze back into our garage.
Now, both children are living under our roof. Two adults, with minds of their own, dreams of their own and destinies of their own. A very different dynamic. An adjustment. A transition. But then isn’t that what life is all about Charlie Brown?
- Night Hiking, The Tower of Death and the Eternal Trail
- Day Two: Redemption, Big Creek Trail and GSMNP Fitness
- Girls Gone Wild…SB2014
- 26 Years and Still Getting Lost Together……
- Tray Gap to Dicks Creek Gap and Type Two Fun…
- Up the Hill, Bears and Tomatoes……..Oh MY!
- Behind the curtain…..
- Carvers Gap Part Deux: Big Hump, Wild Steer, Busted Humps, Doll Flats and HOME
- Carvers Gap and Who Lost Shemeah?
- Inspiring Aging or How I Want to Be When I Grow Up…
- It May be Hot, but the Trail Still Calls….
- My Big Thoughts on Back to School
- Smoky Mountain Backpacking Trip
- Backpacking with the Bieber…
- Pine Log Creek Trail….has it ALL!
- Overnighter on the Chattooga….aka Hades
- Inaugural Hammock Trip: Kimsey Creek, White Oak Stamp, Muskrat Creek, Raven Rock Trail and an aborted trip to Standing Indian…
- Spontaneous Spring Break
- What’s in Your Pocket? And other tales from a sunny Sunday