Like clockwork, every September the North Georgia Fair comes to town. David and I went when we were children, we dated at the Fair, the first couple of years we were married, we took our children and now as the nest empties we go together again.
Sparkling neon lights, sawdust on the ground, the Himalaya, ferris wheel, dusty stuffed animals, racing pigs, Giant RATS, the Crocdile Man, skewed basketball goals, BINGO, concerts, dancers, ducks to pick up, rats to bet on, and the FOOD. GIANT turkey legs, funnel cakes, corn dogs, deep fried oreos, apple dumplings, boiled peanuts, kettle corn, cotton candy, enough sugar and carbs to sink even the best diet. I LOVE IT.
We need to have anchors in our lives that are the same. To remind us that our memory was true….If you have a chance, tonight is the last night of the North Georgia Fair. Take your sweetie…….
- Night Hiking, The Tower of Death and the Eternal Trail
- Day Two: Redemption, Big Creek Trail and GSMNP Fitness
- Girls Gone Wild…SB2014
- 26 Years and Still Getting Lost Together……
- Tray Gap to Dicks Creek Gap and Type Two Fun…
- Up the Hill, Bears and Tomatoes……..Oh MY!
- Behind the curtain…..
- Carvers Gap Part Deux: Big Hump, Wild Steer, Busted Humps, Doll Flats and HOME
- Carvers Gap and Who Lost Shemeah?
- Inspiring Aging or How I Want to Be When I Grow Up…
- It May be Hot, but the Trail Still Calls….
- My Big Thoughts on Back to School
- Smoky Mountain Backpacking Trip
- Backpacking with the Bieber…
- Pine Log Creek Trail….has it ALL!
- Overnighter on the Chattooga….aka Hades
- Inaugural Hammock Trip: Kimsey Creek, White Oak Stamp, Muskrat Creek, Raven Rock Trail and an aborted trip to Standing Indian…
- Spontaneous Spring Break
- What’s in Your Pocket? And other tales from a sunny Sunday