Next project…..THE SLAB! Sounded a little intimidating but the roller looked really cool. Once in class I got started by SLAMMING My clay down over and over to flatten it out. (that felt REALLY good) I then put it between two pieces of canvas and cranked it between the roller. Cool… Uniform flat clay. I then cut out a bottom and a rectangle and used a cardboard mold to make my base. I had sketched out some ideas for what I wanted to do and using Tanner and his love of lizards for my inspiration I wanted ivy with a lizard crawling down the side of the pot.
Little did I know that lizards were one of the master potter, Patty’s trademarks.
- Night Hiking, The Tower of Death and the Eternal Trail
- Day Two: Redemption, Big Creek Trail and GSMNP Fitness
- Girls Gone Wild…SB2014
- 26 Years and Still Getting Lost Together……
- Tray Gap to Dicks Creek Gap and Type Two Fun…
- Up the Hill, Bears and Tomatoes……..Oh MY!
- Behind the curtain…..
- Carvers Gap Part Deux: Big Hump, Wild Steer, Busted Humps, Doll Flats and HOME
- Carvers Gap and Who Lost Shemeah?
- Inspiring Aging or How I Want to Be When I Grow Up…
- It May be Hot, but the Trail Still Calls….
- My Big Thoughts on Back to School
- Smoky Mountain Backpacking Trip
- Backpacking with the Bieber…
- Pine Log Creek Trail….has it ALL!
- Overnighter on the Chattooga….aka Hades
- Inaugural Hammock Trip: Kimsey Creek, White Oak Stamp, Muskrat Creek, Raven Rock Trail and an aborted trip to Standing Indian…
- Spontaneous Spring Break
- What’s in Your Pocket? And other tales from a sunny Sunday