So why does it all have to be so complicated? We are born, we grow, we are schooled, we become independent, we marry, we reproduce, we watch them, grow, be schooled, become independent, marry and then reproduce…… Sometimes I look at my life and am overwhelmed with how much I have seen, done and experienced and other days, I look at it and wonder why I have not done more.
Simplify is the motto of our best friends who pulled up and moved to Midtown in a small condo with a new lifestyle. I agree with the simplify part.
I want to shed some of my possession, the strange odds and ends that I have accumulated over the past 50 years. I want to pare down my “responsibities.” I want to have more time to walk down paths that I have missed, to travel to places that I have never been, to eat at hole in the walls that may or may not be good. I want to spend more time with my husband and rediscover all of the things that made us so crazy about each other and have held us together for over 20 years. I want to dance and paint and drink good coffee and strange teas.
I want to pray and listen to what God has for me, where he wants me to go. I want to love the unloved and help the helpless.
I want to simplify…..
- Night Hiking, The Tower of Death and the Eternal Trail
- Day Two: Redemption, Big Creek Trail and GSMNP Fitness
- Girls Gone Wild…SB2014
- 26 Years and Still Getting Lost Together……
- Tray Gap to Dicks Creek Gap and Type Two Fun…
- Up the Hill, Bears and Tomatoes……..Oh MY!
- Behind the curtain…..
- Carvers Gap Part Deux: Big Hump, Wild Steer, Busted Humps, Doll Flats and HOME
- Carvers Gap and Who Lost Shemeah?
- Inspiring Aging or How I Want to Be When I Grow Up…
- It May be Hot, but the Trail Still Calls….
- My Big Thoughts on Back to School
- Smoky Mountain Backpacking Trip
- Backpacking with the Bieber…
- Pine Log Creek Trail….has it ALL!
- Overnighter on the Chattooga….aka Hades
- Inaugural Hammock Trip: Kimsey Creek, White Oak Stamp, Muskrat Creek, Raven Rock Trail and an aborted trip to Standing Indian…
- Spontaneous Spring Break
- What’s in Your Pocket? And other tales from a sunny Sunday