I think Seasons are a wonderful thing. They keep us on our toes and when we think we can’t take another hot, cold, rainy (we wish) windy or gloomy day. The Season changes. I think our life is like that too. I look at the many seasons of my life and realize that I am a lot like the calendar seasons. I haven’t really changed colors and nothing has fallen off, but I have changed with the seasons of my life.
Right now, I am in a strange season. My children are yearning, fighting, screaming for their independence (separation?) from the family unit that I so lovingly and caringly crafted. Yet, I am still smack dab in the middle of all of the drama and consequences of loving them so.
Why can’t we separate? Why do we want to cling so tightly to those old moments, memories and emotions. I want to move forward but find myself looking back so often. I know this is a season but it is one with much disturbance and disarray.
- Night Hiking, The Tower of Death and the Eternal Trail
- Day Two: Redemption, Big Creek Trail and GSMNP Fitness
- Girls Gone Wild…SB2014
- 26 Years and Still Getting Lost Together……
- Tray Gap to Dicks Creek Gap and Type Two Fun…
- Up the Hill, Bears and Tomatoes……..Oh MY!
- Behind the curtain…..
- Carvers Gap Part Deux: Big Hump, Wild Steer, Busted Humps, Doll Flats and HOME
- Carvers Gap and Who Lost Shemeah?
- Inspiring Aging or How I Want to Be When I Grow Up…
- It May be Hot, but the Trail Still Calls….
- My Big Thoughts on Back to School
- Smoky Mountain Backpacking Trip
- Backpacking with the Bieber…
- Pine Log Creek Trail….has it ALL!
- Overnighter on the Chattooga….aka Hades
- Inaugural Hammock Trip: Kimsey Creek, White Oak Stamp, Muskrat Creek, Raven Rock Trail and an aborted trip to Standing Indian…
- Spontaneous Spring Break
- What’s in Your Pocket? And other tales from a sunny Sunday